BACK to topAre you a specialist or decision-maker in education or vocational training and would like to explore themes of common interest with your counterparts in other European countries or better understand specific aspects of another education and training system? Apply before 15 October 2010 for an EU grant to participate in study visits between March and June 2011. For more information please click here
Call for applications: study visits for specialists and decision-makers in education and training
BACK to top
BACK to top
BACK to top
AquaTT's Training News is a free monthly electronic newsletter. With the latest news from the European education community, opportunities for collaboration, announcements and a student corner, Training News is an important dissemination channel for education and training opportunities for the aquaculture and fisheries sectors.
Highlights of the September 2010 issue:
- Workshop: NFI 2010 West Coast Seafood Sensory, 13-14 October 2010, California (USA)
- Workshop: Allocated Zones for Aquaculture (AZA) WGSC-SHoCMed, 18-20 October 2010, Sevilla (Spain)
- Workshop: New approaches for assessing the impacts of non-native freshwater fishes in the Mediterranean region, 26-29 October 2010, Mugla (Turkey)
- Short Course: Marine Taxonomy and Habitat Survey, dates to be announced, Bournemouth University (United Kingdom)
- Short Course: Freshwater Fish Ecology, dates to be announced, Bournemouth University (United Kingdom)
- Short course: Aquafeed Platform 2010, 8-9 November 2010, Ghent (Belgium)
- Short course: Trends and Markets in Aquaculture Feed Ingredients, Nutrition, and Formulation, 9 November 2010, Ghent (Belgium)
- Course: Coastal and Inland Aquaculture, 11-22 October 2010, Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand)
- Course: Marine and Coastal Ecosystems, 11-22 October 2010, Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand)
- Course: Writing for professional publications (Marine Information Management), 22-26 October 2010, Oostende (Belgium)
- Course: Aquaculture Nutrition and Feed Technology, 25 October – 5 November 2010, Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand)
- Course: Principles of Integrated Coastal Management, 8-25 November 2010, Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand)
- Course: Water Quality & Aquatic Animal Health Management, 8-28 November 2010, Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand)
- Course: Reproductive Endocrinology of the Fish, 15-26 November 2010, Montevideo (Uruguay)
- Training: International Interdisciplinary Field Training of Marine Robotics and Applications, 27 September – 3 October 2010, Murter (Croatia)
- Training: Opening the box: Stock assessment and fisheries advice for stakeholders, NGOs and policy-makers, 5-7 October 2010, ICES Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Training: Good Practice Stakeholder Participation with a focus on the environment, 18-21 October 2010, Kent (United Kingdom)
- Training: Ecosystem Approach to Fisheries - monitoring, evaluation resource use and fisheries impact, 1-19 November 2010, Wageningen, (Netherlands)
- Training: IOI Regional Ocean Governance, 14 November – 17 December 2010, University of Malta (Malta)
- Training: Science@Sea, 19-21 November 2010, Galway (Ireland)
- Training: Marine Algae Culture: Techniques, Uses and Development Perspectives, 22-26 November 2010, Zaragoza (Spain)
- Training: New online and in-house training courses, Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling (UK)
- Training courses: Emergency response, Inland waterways plus more, Aberdeenshire (United Kingdom) Maritime Rescue Institiute
- Certificate program: Leadership for marine sustainability, (Online)
- MSc: Marine Spatial Planning, Heriot-Watt University (United Kingdom)
- MSc: Aquaculture Enterprise and Technology (AET), Newcastle University (United Kingdom)
- MSc: Tropical Coastal Management (TCM), Newcastle University (United Kingdom)
- MSc: International Marine Environmental Consultancy (IMEC), Newcastle University (United Kingdom)
- Msc in Aquaculture and Msc in Aquatic Animal Health, University of Thessaly (Greece)
- MSc: Fishery and Aquaculture Management and Economics, August 2010, Nha Trang University (Vietnam)
- MSc: Degree Marine Biology, October 2010, University College Cork (Ireland)
- MSc: Marine Aquaculture, 18 October 2010 - 31 May 2011, Las Palmas (Gran Canaria)
- Msc: Aquaculture and Msc in Aquatic Animal Health, University of Thessaly (Greece)
- PhD courses: The Graduate Research School in Genomic Ecology, GENECO, 25 August 2010, Lund (Sweden)
- Ph.D. course: Physical and biochemical methods for analysis of fish as food, 22-26 November 2010, Lyngby (Denmark)
- PhD course: The Economics of Marine Resources: Ecological-Economic Modelling and Management of the Marine Environment, 24-28 January 2011, University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, (Denmark)
- PhD and Post Doc opportunities in Europe with Marie Curie Actions
CLICK HERE for the latest AquaTT Training News (September 2010)
CLICK HERE for the latest AquaTT Calendar (September 2010) with a comprehensive overview of all Events in the Maritime Sector
Please email email@example.com to submit your news which will reach over 5,600 subscribers interested in aquaculture and related sectors of education.
BibMail is a biweekly updated overview of the content tables of the major aquaculture-relevant scientific journals.
CLICK HERE for the latest Bibmail (September 2010)
To go to the BibMail website link on the Aqua-tnet site please CLICK HERE
BACK to top
Information of Interest is a biweekly updated overview of interesting publications, reports, and manuals relating to aquaculture in a broad sense, with links to the respective files or information points.
CLICK HERE for the latest Information of Interest (September 2010)
To go to the Information of Interest website link on the Aqua-tnet site please CLICK HERE
BACK to top
PiscesTT Jobs is a free online recruitment service used by over 300 companies globally. The innovative system, updated daily, lists jobs, PhD vacancies and student placements in Aquaculture, Fisheries and Marine Science worldwide. Subscribe at http://www.piscesttjobs.com/feeds/ for live RSS updates of new job postings. This service facilitates human resource development in the industry.
At the moment 3 interesting jobs are listed:
- Marine Internship Programme 2010/2011 (South Africa)
- Sea Cucumber Conservation Biologist (Intern) (Republic Of The Maldives)
- Senior Aquaculture Scientist (The Netherlands)
If you are interested in posting a job vacancy or registering for the service, please go to the PiscesTT Jobs website or contact Marieke Reuver at firstname.lastname@example.org
This update is published by the Aqua-tnet Secretariat. For further information, e-mail: email@example.com
If you would like to post a notice, news item or event details on the next issue of the Aqua-tnet Newsletter or on the Aquat-net website, please send details to Marieke Reuver at firstname.lastname@example.org
All old AQUA-TNET Newsletters and other Aqua-tnet information is archived on the Aqua-tnet website (www.aquatnet.com).
Aqua-tnet welcomes any feedback regarding content, presentation and user-friendliness of the newsletter. Please forward this mail to any colleagues that may be interested. Please submit any relevant information for dissemination in the newsletter to email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: AQUA-TNET provides this newsletter as a free service to its partners. Most of the information is provided by AQUA-TNET. Where it is not, the source of the news is provided in the text of the news brief or else AQUA-TNET attributes the news to the coordinating body as the "Data Source Provider". In no way does this newsletter intend to wrongly or inappropriately claim projects, news, etc. as its own nor is it responsible for incorrect information provided from other sources. The AQUA-TNET Newsletter is a dissemination tool and forum for both AQUA-TNET and its partners.